Monday, February 25, 2008

The Oscars Recap in 60 Seconds


Above: Host Jon Stewart delivers his monologue during the 80th annual Academy Awards, the Oscars, in Hollywood February 24, 2008.
REUTERS/Gary Hershorn (UNITED STATES-OSCARS)

from mahalo.com


---------------------------
Overheard at the Oscars:

"I am totally overwhelmed with joy, sparkles and fireworks," she exclaimed. "It’s like bombs, bombs, bombs in my head." - Best actress winner Marion Cotillard

"I was having a reverse "Zoolander" moment out there," she said. "I thought I heard someone else’s name. Then, very slowly, I heard my name being called. It was so slow that I’m still recovering from that moment. You could tell me that my dress fell off on stage, and I’d believe it." - Best supporting actress winner Tilda Swinton

"I don’t have to talk about it," Day-Lewis said abruptly. "I just do it."

When the journalist pressed him for an explanation of his refusal to discuss what he did for laughs, Day-Lewis shot back an answer that seemed to channel his character from "There Will Be Blood."

"Because it’s none of your (expletive) business." - Best actor winner Daniel Day Lewis

The only real success in show business is to "have a job, and then fight to keep it."
- Best supporting actor winner Javier Bardem

"I am not wearing $1 million shoes," she said in response to an Internet report. "That must have been a publicity stunt. I am wearing regular shoes. If I had a million dollars, I would use it to help people, not buy shoes." - Best Original Screenplay(Juno)winner Diablo Cody

http://www.ocregister.com/
http://www.mahalo.com

No comments:

US ZIP Codes